Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here we go!


My nephew...Noah :)



Teen Camp (below)















Kids Camp (below)








Well...I am now entering the "blogging" world!!! aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!
I'll just start by telling you a little about myself. I am the Youth Pastor at my church. I've been doing that for....going on 5 years. It has been the BEST thing for me! I love those teenagers...yes, I said I love teenagers!!! haha Anyway...you know all the activities that you loved doing in youth group? Well...now I'm an adult and I still get to go on the youth trips! How could it get better than that??? Right now is a very busy time for the youth group....we have the Girls Sleepover, Boys Video Game Tournament, Young Christians' Weekend @ Silver Dollar City, Prayer nights once a month followed by some kind of activity, and the best event of the year....CAMP!!!!!! We have been doing our own camp for 3 years now, this year will be our 4th. We do Kids (1st-6th grade) at the 1st of the week, and teens the 2nd part of the week. It is soooooo much fun and relaxing!!! Yes...I said camp was relaxing!!! It is on an "group campground" with old wooden or stone cabins, a "mess" hall, old tabernacle with wooden pews, softball field, volleyball, hiking, swimming (lake/pool), canoeing, kayaking, paddle boating, etc. I love it! I could live out there! Oh, and one of the best things is....NO CELL PHONE SERVICE!!! So peaceful! Ok, ok...enough about camp. I also work at an Animal Hospital. Let's just say...there is never a dull moment! I never know what I'm going to see when I go to work each day. It's a great atmosphere and I love the people I work with. I've been there about a year now...wow...I can't believe it's been that long.

Well...a little bit about my family. THEY ARE THE BEST!!! My mom and dad are the best parents anyone could ever ask for!!! I have wonderful siblings: one sister and 2 brothers. And one sister-in-law. Oh...and did I mention my nephew, Noah!!! He's a sweety!!! I love him sooooo much!!! And oh no...he's not spoiled at all! (yeah right!)

Well...I guess that's a little bit about myself. I've posted some random pics from "my world."

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world! I'll add you to my list! I love the pics ...youth camp looks like a blast. I want to come....haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, to me this is better than facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, look at my blog. I have an award for you. lov ya.

    ReplyDelete